What is a Liebster Award, you ask?
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It's given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It's a way to acknowledge and encourage each other, and its a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs who deserve a larger audience.
Here's what I (the recipient) have to do:
1) Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
3) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4) Go to their pages and inform them of the nominations.
5) Absolutely NO tag backs.
6) Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers
So eleven facts about me. Hmmm.
1. I am a published poet under my real name and am published for fiction under a pen name.
2. I am left handed.
3. I am allergic to 27 types of trees.
4. I met my husband at the ripe old age of 16.
5. I have spent most of my life trying to decide what I want to be when I grew up beyond just being happy.
6. I am a dollar store JUNKIE.
7. I named my daughter after a friend I had in elementary school that I thought was SO awesome.
8. I have a crazy love for mashed potatoes.
9. I have a blankie.
10. I make fun of myself often.
11. I am a reigning ladderball champion.
And now I have to answer Kate's questions...
- What is your favorite book of all time? What a question to ask a bibliophile. Before I fell for Harry Potter sophomore year of HS, I'd have told you 'Catcher in the Rye' and though I still hold high affection for Holden Caulfield, I would definitely have to say ALLTHEHARRYPOTTERBOOKS. And yes I know I just cheated :)
- Who is your favorite comedian? I don't know if I can pick just one, seriously. I have MAD love for Jim Gaffigan and Jeff Dunham. I would love to see either of them live.
- What made you want to start blogging? I'm a writer by nature and by instruction, and rule number one, is write what you know, so here I am.
- What is your least favorite food?
- Introvert or extrovert? Oh. This is hard. If I'm with people I dig, extro for sure. In a crowd I don't know, intro. Social issues for sure.
- Where did you grow up? Arlington Heights, IL.
- Where was the last place you went on vacation? Uh. Wisconsin Dells.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? People who don't plan. Fly by the seat of their pants-ers. Cannot stand em. I need a plan.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? More patience. Ooooodles of patience.
- Who's your favorite Olympian? Nancy Kerrigan. Yes, still.
- What did you eat for breakfast this morning? A donut and coffee :D
Below are my 10 nominees. All they need to do is make their own post about the awards, answer my questions listed, nominate 10 blogs with LESS than 200 members and then post their own questions to be answered.
The Kate Chronicles
Donkeys to college
Finding Ben's voice
Adventures of Insomnamom
Mom on the run x2
Built from love
Another silly baby blog
The Harmon Baby farm
The motivated fat girl
And my 11 questions for the nominees are...
1. Pickles: Sour or sweet?
2. Favorite movie of all time?
3. Handsdown best comfort food ever?
4. Favorite crayon color?
5. Digital or print photography?
6. Early bird or night owl?
7. Coffee or tea?
8. Curl up with a good book, or a movie?
9. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
10. Is 3.14 was really a pie, what flavor would it be?
11. Doctor Who?
So if you're on the list, make a post, answer my questions, nominate MORE blogs (no tag backs) and ask some questions. Then pick one of those buttons there at the top to throw on your blog. It shows that you're getting yourself out there, and darn it, people LIKE you! So enjoy my lovely birds. Until next time.
Fluffimama out <3