- There are 22,000 children of military families affected by autism.
- Less than 10 percent of those children are getting the services they need.
- CMKAA would streamline the acronym-filled process for military families to access services for their autistic children through TRICARE, the military's healthcare system.
- It would also remove the extremely stringent cap on services that can be received.
- H.R. 2288 was introduced last June by Reps. John Larson (D) of Connecticut and Walter Jones (R) of North Carolina. See? It's delightfully bi-partisan.
Please consider supporting CMKAA and helping it get 'unstuck' from the committee it's in right now. You can do so by clicking HERE, you need your state, zip and 4 digit zip code extension and it brings you to your own state rep. On the link I posted there is even a template letter and all you have to do is plug in your state rep's name, and your info at the bottom. It will literally only take you a few clicks to support this cause which would help thousands of kids to get the services they need. It may not seem like an issue to some, but keep in mind these are the children of men and woman to have volunteered their LIVES if needed to keep you safe. Let's do something for them!
To read the full blog post and for more information click HERE