Summer is winding down, thank god. Thing 1 is only doing pre-k again this year. For 1.5 hours. Three times a week. But I cannot wait to send her back. Not because she's too much, more like her brother is. At least with pre-k she gets to go somewhere she loves and do fun things for a while even when her brother is being a butt.
Kindy is next year and it's bittersweet. I know once she has started school it's going to be a blur and before I know it she will be graduating high school but at the same time, I am excited because she is excited, and really, she is the one that matters in the equation. So because I can't seem to find an actual post to pull out of my behind, here are the things I have stopped caring about because it's August and damn it, it's hot.
10. Bedtime. Just go to bed before I do and I don't care what you do.
9. TV. My kids tried to 'save' a chipmunk today ala Wonder Pets style, obviously they are learning something...
8. Bathtime. Once a week, both at the same time, that's my final offer.
7. Dessert. You didn't finish your dinner, but you want an ice cream sandwich? Fine, but only because that will keep you busy since True Blood is on tonight.
6. Naptime. Just keep going till you pass out and I'll move you to the soft place.
5. The electric bill. Why do my window units only go down to 65???
4. Nutrition. Every week I shop for 14 breakfasts, 14 lunches and 14 dinners. And probably 3000 desserts. It's hot, they're cold.
3. Clothing. The only way we're leaving the house is if we somehow run out of popsicles so I don't care if you have pants on. Underwear is the minimum.
2. This blog. I have two downstairs window units, one on each end of the house. The dining room is in the middle. My computer is in the dining room. Do the math.
1. My appearance. Why should I shower, do my hair and makeup and wear something nice when I know the minute I step outside, my hair will get greasy, frizz, my makeup will melt and I will sweat through my clothes? Screw you summer, we are through!